Alert Level 2
At Alert Level 2, our focus is to control transmission while maintaining health system capacity throughout further re-opening of social and business activities.
Life at Alert Level 2:
- Follow Public Health Guidance for All Alert Levels.
- People can move about more. Those at higher risk of complications due to COVID-19 should stay at home as much as possible, except to get essentials like groceries and medications.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, contact 811.
Public Spaces and Gatherings:
- Expansion on size of gatherings to be determined.
- Places of worship are permitted to resume operations with restrictions.
- Gyms and fitness facilities are permitted to open, with restrictions.
- Arenas can open, with restrictions.
- Indoor pools can open, however some restrictions may apply.
- Further expansion of camping activities to be determined.
- Playgrounds equipment can be used.
Health care services:
- Regional health authorities will continue to allow some health care services to resume.
- Further expansion of visitation in health care to be determined.
- Orders for long term care, personal care homes, and assisted living facilities remain in place.
Businesses and Services:
- Bars and lounges are permitted to open with reduced occupancy.
- Indoor entertainment facilities can reopen with reduced occupancy (e.g. bingo halls, cinemas).
- Re-opening of performance spaces to be determined.