- Parking Ban: No vehicle is permitted to park on any street from December 1 – March 31 between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- No vehicle is permitted to park on any street during a storm (snow or ice) and for 12 hours thereafter.
- Any unattended vehicle parked on any street contrary to these regulations may be removed and impounded at the owner’s expense.
- No person shall shovel, plow, blow or cause to be shovelled, plowed or blown, any residue snow from a driveway or parking lot onto any street, carriageway or sidewalk within the City.
- More information Click Here.
No Parking Snow Routes:
From December 1 to March 31 parking is prohibited 24 hours a day on streets designated as “Snow Routes“. These streets can be located anywhere in the city, not just downtown, and are clearly marked with permanent signs located on utility poles. These routes are:
Albro Lane – East side only
Alice Drive – South side / odd side only
Atlantic Avenue – West side / odd side only (Pleasant Street to Civic # 3)
Bannerman Street – West side / odd side only (Military Road to Bond Street)
Barnes Road – West side / odd side only (Mullock Street to the Dardanelles)
Battery Road – South Side / odd side only (20m east and west of civic # 44)
Blatch Avenue – West side / odd side only
Cabot Street – South Side / odd side only (Lime Street to civic #61)
Carnell Street – Both sides (Atlantic Avenue to dead end)
Cook’s Hill – West side / odd side only
Cumberland Crescent – North Side / even side only and both sides of entrance
Edgecombe Drive – North Side / even side only (Alice Drive to Gloucester Street)
Elizabeth Avenue – North Side / even side only (bus bay fronting civic #92)
Forest Avenue – both sides
Fort Amherst – East side / odd side only (boat basin fence, approximately 40m towards Fort Amherst) Fourth Pond Road – North side / odd side only (civic #27 to Windemere Road)
Fraser Place – East side / even side only (Craigmiller Avenue to civic #2)
Groves Road – both sides (Gilles Road to Pitcher’s Path)
Goodrich Street – South Side / odd side only(Mayor to Rankin)
Hennebury place – both sides
Henry Street – South side / odd side only (Church Hill to Dick’s Square)
Ordnance Street – West side / even side only
Pearce Street – East Side / even side (Civic #34 to Campbell Ave)
Pine bud Place – both sides around the traffic island
Prospect Street – South side / odd side only (civic #25 to civic #27)
Quidi Vidi Village Road – North side / odd side only (civic #47 to civic #69)
Ryan Street – East side / even side only
Ridge Road – South side / odd side only (College to Higgins Line)
Southside Road – South side / odd side only (civic #507 to civic #633)
Syme’s Bridge Road – North side / even side only (Waterford Bridge Road to Syme’s Bridge)
Warbury Street – South side / odd side only (Leslie Street to Shaw Street)
Downtown Winter Parking:
The areas designated as downtown for the purpose of snow removal are identified in the map.
On-street parking in the Downtown is restricted throughout the winter on streets which are scheduled for snow removal operations.
The list of downtown streets scheduled for snow removal is updated daily and is available by 3 p.m. each day:
- webpage map.stjohns.ca/snow
- Call 311 or 576-SNOW (7669)
When in effect, Outside the Downtown and Business District, on-street parking outside the Downtown and Business District is not allowed between 12:30 and 7:30 a.m., regardless of snow or street conditions.
The Outside the Downtown and Business District Winter Parking On-Street Parking Ban is set to begin in early January, however, it may come into effect earlier if there are significant snowfalls that impede the safe flow of traffic.
The ban is lifted when conditions are favourable; this often occurs in early April but primarily depends on the amount of snow remaining and if it impedes the safe flow of traffic.
A ticket can be issued to vehicles parked in contravention of the ban, and any vehicle impeding snow removal may be impounded at the owner’s expense.
No vehicle is permitted to park on any street within the Town of Paradise from December 1 to March 31, inclusive, between the hours of 1:00 am and 8:00 am, or any time during a snowfall and for twenty-four (24) hours thereafter. For more information: Click Here
Residents of Conception Bay South and motorists parking within the Town are advised that the Winter Parking Ban is in effect from December 1 until April 30, both days inclusive.
- No person shall park an unattended vehicle on any street, road reservation, or municipal parking areas in such a way to interfere with, hinder or obstruct snow clearing operations;
- No person shall park an unattended vehicle on any street or road reservation within the Town;
- Between the hours of midnight and 10:00 a.m. during the Snow Clearing Period regardless of weather conditions; or
- During a snowstorm; or
- During the 24 hours immediately following a snow storm; or
- During such period as may be declared by Council to enable clean-up after a severe storm or snowfall.
- For more information: Click Here